This film is terrific. The speakers have described brilliantly the phenomenology of resentment. They have depicted it as a self-destructive passion that vitiates social relations by generating rage and hatred. This resentment erodes human relations and compromises the possibility of amending the causes that generate it…A brilliant moral and psychological analysis.
Get in touch
Would you like to request a preview link?
Or do you have another question?
Feel free to contact us through this form or by using the chat function on this page. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
The Toxic Reigns of Resentment – Digital Site License
This classroom-friendly version of the documentary is 52 minutes long and includes additional scenes and a screening kit / discussion guide.
Also available as:
- DSL+DVD bundle for $345 instead of $590 (save over 40%)
It is licensed in perpetuity including Public Performance Rights (PPR):
- Include the film in your library
- Make the film available to students, staff and faculty members for the purposes of research, education, and any other non-commercial use
- Hold a private, non-theatrical screening
- This license does not allow you to charge admission, or to sublicense the film in any way
For more information visit our F.A.Q. page.
It is a too rare event to find philosophical reflection targeted on a topic of central contemporary importance offered in a popular and accessible form. The Toxic Reigns of Resentment is a compelling demonstration of what public philosophy can be. Arranged as an oblique series of conversations and arguments, the documentary powerfully displays the complexity of the concept of resentment in relation to diagnoses of contemporary political culture. It is hard to imagine how this could have been done better.